Study in Canada!!!


  • About Canada
  • Education Level in Canada
  • How SA helps to study in Canada?
  • Tied University

Figure 1 Study in Canada

About Canada:

Canada is a land of cover wide area distances and awesome scenery views. Economically and technologically, and in many other ways it closely resembles their neighbour to the south, the United States, although there are significant differences between the two countries.

Most travellers entering or transiting Canada by air will need an Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) or a visitor visa. (Exceptions include U.S. citizens/nationals and Saint-Pierre and Miquelon residents.) An eTA costs $7 and is valid for five years or until your passport expires, whichever comes first. Entry requirements for other methods of travel (land, sea) have not changed.

Figure 2 Maman Statue

Those who are not eligible for an ETA are required to obtain a Temporary Resident Visa prior to travelling to Canada. This can be done at the applicants’ nearest Canadian Visa Office. Applicants are required to submit, as part of their application:

  • A valid travel document (such as a passport)
  • Two properly-formatted, passport-sized photos for all applicants
  • The application fee (The fee per person is $100 for a visa, single or multiple entries, or a maximum of $400 for a family (multiple or single entries); no charge for Transit Visas)
  • Reservation confirmation (for tourists) or letter of invitation (for everybody else).
  • Proof that you have enough money for your visit to Canada. The amount of money may vary, depending on the circumstances of your visit, how long you will stay and whether you will stay in a hotel, or with friends or relatives. You can get more information from the visa office.
  • Other documents as required. These documents could be identification cards, proof of employment, or a proposed itinerary. Check the website of the visa office responsible for the country or region where you live for more information.

If you plan to visit the United States and do not travel outside the borders of the US, you can use your single entry visa to re-enter as long as the visa has not passed its expiry date.[i]

Education Level in Canada:

The education system in Canada encompasses both publicly-funded and private schools, including community colleges/ technical institutescareer collegeslanguage schoolssecondary schools,  summer campsuniversities and university colleges.      

Education institutions are not officially ranked in Canada, but you will find quality institutions across the country. When choosing your school in Canada, consider the type, size and location of the institution. If you are interested in a particular area of study, investigate which schools have more to offer in that discipline.[ii]

1 Level of Education

School Types
  • Universities
  • University Colleges
  • Technical Institutes and Colleges:
  • Career Colleges:
  • Secondary Schools:
  • Language Schools:

1) Universities:

Canada has a large selection of universities and university college located in both urban and rural settings in every region of the country. As Canada has two official languages – English and French – an international student can take a degree either in an English language or French language institution.

2) University College:

University Colleges combine Canadian university and college traditions, with a strong base of applied and academic programs offered in campus environments. As the name suggests, a university college offers university degrees as well as college diploma and certificate programs. Students can expect to find a wide range of program choices at university colleges, including English as a Second Language (ESL) programs.

3) Technical Institutes and College:

Colleges and Technical Institutionsare popular education choices in Canada; they offer professional programs of 1 to 3 years (often including a work term) that are highly applicable in the job market. Some community colleges offer university transfer programs that allow students to take courses that are parallel to those offered for the first two years of a four-year university program. Students must still apply to the university to gain admission to complete the last two years of the four-year program.

4) Career College:

Career Colleges in Canada are privately owned institutions that offer training programs that provide students with practical skills for the job market after a short period of instruction. Students seeking short-term training programs in multimedia, film studies, computer/internet studies, graphic design and hospitality to name a few, may want to consider applying to a career college.


2 College Province List

Province Age of compulsory education
Alberta Six to 16
British Columbia Six to 16
Manitoba Seven to 18
New Brunswick Five to 18
Newfoundland Six to 16
Northwest Territories Five to 18
Nova Scotia Five to 16
Ontario Six to 18
Prince Edward Island Five to 16
Quebec Six to 16
Saskatchewan Seven to 16
Yukon Six to 16

5) Secondary Education

Also known as high school, this level runs from Grade 9 (ages 14 to 15) to Grade 12 (ages 17 to 18). Ontario has a Grade 12+. In Quebec, students attend high school until the age of 16. They may then proceed to CEGEP, a publicly-funded two-year college where students may pursue either a university preparation diploma or a vocational diploma.

6) Language schools:

Canada has two official languages: French and English. Both are used in the country’s federal government institutions. n Quebec, students are generally required to attend school in French until the end of high school. There are some exceptions under which a child may obtain a certificate of eligibility to receive instruction in English:

  • If a child’s mother or father pursued elementary studies in English in Canada;
  • If a child, or a child’s sibling/s, has received the major part of their elementary or secondary school instruction in English in Canada (if the child’s mother or father is a Canadian citizen);
  • If a child’s mother or father attended school in Québec after August 26, 1977, and could have been declared eligible for instruction in English at that time (if the child’s mother or father is a Canadian citizen).

In addition, children whose parents are in Quebec temporarily (for example, on a work or study permit), may attend school in English.[iii]

How do we help?

  • One-Stop-Shop
  • Step-by-Step guidance
  • Student-centric approach
  • Tied-up with World’s Best Universities across 20 countries
  • Strong Network across India especially South India
  • Direct offices to facilitate students in documentation and per departure hassle free procedure
  • No upfront charges or fee
  • Transparent admission Process
  • Pre Departure Orientation
  • Accommodation Assistance
  • Post-Landing Service including Airport Pick-up, Accommodation arrangements, Visa stamping etc.

Tied University:

We are the tie-up with the affiliated University in Canada. We give the training and guidance and other useful assistance to the students who are interested to study in Canada. Which college to choose to study in Canada? Which course will result in a better career? Which university is recognized and has high placement records? These questions and concerns can be daunting at times and we at SA totally understand this.

List of University we are tied up:

Selkirk College, British Columbia.
Mount Saint Vincent University, Nova Scotia.
Sprott Shaw College, British Columbia

We ensure that your journey from counselling to landing at the destination of your choice is as comfortable as possible. We also help you in preparing a suitable Statement of Purpose that shall is a very crucial part of your admission procedure. Before we actually suggest you a university and a course, our highly trained counsellor’s toothcomb your qualifications and ambitions and match them with the best possible options available. We empathize that this decision shall shape your career and thus don’t ignore any facet at all.

For more details, please check out our website:








Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *